Thursday, January 6, 2011

Honorary Blog Post

1/7/2011

Brittany emailed me the following. I felt it appropriate to post as a blog:

I need to tell you about the gives and takes from the bathroom. I think
my bathroom here at work represents life.

Stall number one flushes well but the door doesn't close.

Stall number two doesn't flush very well, I have to flush a few times.

But, the door closes.

Stall number three flushes too soon - I always lose the seat cover
before I even sit down. But, it always flushes really well on the first
attempt and the door is tight and secure.

Stall number four is the handicap stall. I never use that one because I
haven't 'earned' it. The one time I used the handicap stall I
inevitably walked out and the lady in the wheelchair was waiting for me
to finish. She is paralyzed from the waste down which benefited me. I
would have felt even worse if I saw her leg shaking.

I had to make a decision on which stall is worse. I couldn't handle the
door not closing and I was embarrassed about having to flush multiple
times. The handicap stall was a non-option. So, I go with stall number
3. I have learned to not put the seat cover down until I'm ready to go
down with it.

In life there isn't just one perfect stall. We have to pick and choose
the best option and sometimes we have to make a small adjustment in
order to make it perfect.

1 comment: