Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Post Office

1/31/2011

Today was a tax deadline. A pretty big one at that. This meant I got to go to the post office to mail off some tax documents.

Since we moved offices I haven’t gone to the post office as much. I’m not sure why as the post office where we are now is actually closer than when we were at our old office. Either way, I got to go today.

And I was happily surprised when the entertainment at the post office didn’t fail me.

There was an error with the payment so I had to split the payment in two for the packages we were sending. Only problem was the transaction already went through so the lady helping me had to cancel that transaction and then redo it. Lorette tried hard to figure it out. But she didn’t know how to do that.

So she went and got Kiki.

Kiki looked firm. I was nervous she was going to yell at me or possibly at Lorette. She came over in a huff, listened as Lorette explained the problem, and just stood there for a few seconds looking at the machine. I thought Kiki was going to rip someone’s head off.

But, then the most delightful thing happened. She looked at Lorette and said, “This is easy to fix.” And she proceeded to fix it. Within seconds all was right in the world.

I just stood there as a curious observer, one that wasn’t in trouble for making life complicated for those fine post office workers.

No comments:

Post a Comment