Monday, August 15, 2011

Missing New York

I've been gone a week now and I miss it. Luckily, I've been keeping busy enough that I haven't thought too much about it. But there have been a couple moments when it has hit me.

1. My roommate has the apartment to herself right now as she is waiting for her friend to return to New York. In the meantime, she is going home for a few weeks to visit her fam. Yesterday she posted on facebook that she was on her way home. My thought, "Oh ya, she is going to be home for two weeks. That will give me plenty of time to clean up the apartment until she gets back." Within seconds I responded to myself, "oh, wait..."

2. I noticed an app on my phone was missing. It only took me a second to figure out which one: the MTA app where it lists the subway maps and all the different lines. I use it fairly often to get around the city.

I have no idea why it was deleted off my homepage. I must have knocked it accidentally. Regardless, I was sad to remember that I really don't need it anymore.

I put it back on my homepage anyway.

1 comment:

  1. New York misses you, too. It rained for almost a week straight after you left.

    ReplyDelete