Saturday, June 9, 2012

What is that noise?

I have an abnormal sensitivity to certain noises, such as certain ways people eat or chew gum, how people breathe sometimes, constant noise if it doesn't need to be noisy, etc.  I admit, I go overboard with it sometimes but it is just something that I'm sensitive to.

So, when I was at my internship and I started to hear tapping, my blood started to boil.  I figured the other intern didn't now that he was doing in consciously ('cause who would tap their pen consciously?).  I took a few deep breathes and tried ever so hard to let it go.

Then I started realizing that the sound wasn't tapping.  In fact, it wasn't coming from the direction of the other intern.  It was actually coming from behind me.  But, the only thing behind me was a wall.  I tried not to act surprised as I started to realize the oddity of the situation.  Slowly, I turned, to notice water dripping from the ceiling.

Yes, I felt bad for thinking the other intern was annoying me.  What can I say, I jump to conclusions sometimes.  But, all was well in the end.  No hard feelings towards him and the water leakage was fixed.

And everything went back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment