Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Another day at the Office.

We generally get several calls throughout the day that aren't for our office, especially as another company use to have our number so we get a lot of calls for them. So, this guy calls our office looking for "Alex." I said that we don't have anyone who works here by that name and he asked for another guy. I said he doesn't work here either. He then asked if it was 212-695-XXXX. I said it wasn't, that our number is 212-675-... and not 212-695-.... Before I could say anything else he had hung up.

A few seconds later I notice a call again, coming in on our second line. I realized that the number he dialed was actually our second line phone number. I didn't want to answer but after a few rings I did.

He asked for Alex. I said that Alex didn't work here and that I had just spoken with him. He then proceeded to yell into the phone that he dialed the right number and that I had better do my job and get Alex on the phone.

After a few moments of his ranting and calming down I explained that what probably happened is that that number is forwarded to our number and so whoever he is trying to reach is no longer associated with the number he was trying to call. I assured him that he will have to try to contact Alex by some other means.

His response: You just got extremely professional. I find your professionalism very attractive.

I hung up.

No comments:

Post a Comment