Monday, December 6, 2010

The saying goes

12/4/2010

I admit, I'm not great with sayings. But, once they are explained then I'm pretty good with understanding it from then on.

For example, several months ago a friend said, "It's like the pot calling the kettle black." I had never heard that before. Upon explanation, it made sense.

BUT...

That doesn't mean I don't get a hard time about it.

There is a new commercial that always runs on Hulu about the "bird in your hand is better than two hidden in the bush." Well, it is something like that.

I asked my friend to explain it to me. This was her response:

It's a saying. A saying is something that represents something...

I had to explain to her that I know what a saying is. Just not the meaning of this particular saying.

And I still don't quite understand it...

No comments:

Post a Comment