Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Audience Participation

One of my favorite parts in the movie Serendipity is when Sara writes her information in a random book on the street for Jonathan. She then sells it to a used book store. The purpose is so Jonathan can find her if he is destined to do so.

As I was walking around New York City the other day I was reminded of this. I passed book shop after book shop and began stopping at the different book vendors. Wouldn't it be cool to go on a similar mission, looking for a random book every time I passed a vendor?

Well, I decided to do it! And this is where you all come in. I hope to pass many more book vendors and want to go in search of "the book". But I don't know what "the book" is. I want you all to tell me what "the book" is.

Take a few days and think about it. Then post a comment and tell me what book you want me to find. Let's say it has to be obscure enough that I won't find it at every table and yet well known enough that I will be interested in reading it once I buy it. Not only will this be a mini-NYC adventure, but I want to read about an adventure in whatever book it is.

So, think about your favorite books, ones that you would recommend to me. Think about how fun it would be for me to look for it on the streets of New York City. And tell me what book you think that should be!

Ready...set...go!

2 comments:

  1. Dante's Inferno in Italian is my choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane Austen's Persuasion all the way!!!

    ReplyDelete