Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Just another Monday

8/16/2010

Today was pretty easy going at work. It was very welcoming after my exciting weekend. But, near the end of the work day I thought, "nothing noteworthy has happened. I have nothing to blog about!"

And then I walked outside.

Somewhere between 4 pm and 6 pm, a torrential downpour started. And, of course, the night before I had lent my umbrella to a friend. So, here I was, six blocks from my apartment in the worst rainstorm I had seen in awhile. I decided to just go for it.

With water pouring into my eyes, I booked it. The term "rain shower" has a whole new meaning. There were some smart people who decided to wait it out under various awnings. But my end point was so close...

I made it home after a very quick 8 minute walk. Needless to say, I'm glad I had some clean clothes to change into.

No comments:

Post a Comment