Friday, April 16, 2010

Growing Up

4/14/2010

Birthdays. Such a bitter/sweet event. I have mixed feelings about birthdays. The actual meaning of what a birthday is I'm kind of neutral about. Another year, another day, another minute... Eh, life happens so whatever.

I have stronger feelings towards the actual celebration, however. Don't get me wrong, I love attending other's parties and celebrating their expulsion from their mother's uterus. But there is an attention that I find awkward when it is my birthday. This may be because I'm not use to celebrating my birthday on my own. Who knows.

So, this year I was hesitant to do something. I really was. And it wasn't until others pushed for it that I gave in. But then I had to decide where to go, at what time, blah blah blah. And then to tell people to drop everything and focus on me for a night... ya, I had issues with that. So, what did I do?

I celebrated Brittany's instead.

The text invite included the address of the restaurant and the time to meet. But more importantly it contained the words, "Come celebrate my twin sister's birthday tonight!" A good crowd showed up to the restaurant. Brittany didn't.

Naturally, because it was in celebration of her birth, I sent Brittany the same mass text that the others got. She showed it to my dad. This was his her response to the interaction:

Dad said that with how shy and timid we were we are quick and witty. I think he thought we were going to be stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment