Friday, April 9, 2010

What was that?

4/8/2010

Occasionally I'll walk home from school. Tonight was such a beautiful night that I thought, "why not?!" It was gorgeous. I had my iPod on while walking down Park Avenue. People were out with their friends or in open aired restaurants. It was perfect. Until something literally stopped me in my tracks.

It was as if someone stepped on the back of my shoes. I turned around but no one was behind me. I was caught on something. But I couldn't see anything. Until I looked closer.

There, very hard to see, was a nail. A nail in the pavement. A nail in the middle of the pavement. A nail that was so rusty that it probably hasn't had a purpose in decades. In the middle of the pavement. Seriously.

Whatever. I bought myself some frozen yogurt and got over it.

1 comment: