Saturday, April 17, 2010

Tourist for a day always includes tourist traps

4/16/2010

A friend came into town for six hours so I decided to be a tourist with her. This included brunch at Cafe Lalo, nuts from the street vendors and splitting a Crumb's Cupcake. It also included going to Times Square, Washington Square Park, Union Square and ending in Central Park.

Central Park is known for "tourist traps". I learned of one. For those familiar with the city, there are people who dress up as the Statue of Liberty. I figured you had to tip the person if you take a picture with him (or in our case, her) but little did I know that there is an actual set price: $3.00.

$3.00 for a picture that isn't even professional! Good thing it was Renae in the picture and not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment