Saturday, April 23, 2011

Having to go without...

4/20/2011

I'm in charge of ordering supplies for the office. Water. Paper towels. Labels. Paper. You name it. I keep an eye on things and if they seem to be low then I'll place an order.

At least that's the concept.

But, it creates a bit of a dilemma if you run out of papers towels, say, on Monday, order more that morning and wait until Wednesday by which it should have arrived but had not. I figured by 2 pm that it would arrive at anytime even though normally it arrives in the morning.

Nothing.

Still waited.

That is until a coworker asked me to call the company and see where the delivery was. I got online to the website and noticed something in the shopping cart.

I never submitted the order.

Uh...

I made a quick run to the corner store and submitted the actual order.

Lesson: Never order anything when you are sick. And, if you have to, make sure you actually hit the submit button.

No comments:

Post a Comment