Saturday, April 23, 2011

That was lucky.

Charlye and I decided to see the matinee showing of Jersey Boys. We had to be at the Box Office around 10 am to get student rush tickets.

I got there a bit before Charlye so purchased the tickets as they were going fast. I started walking towards Charlye after the purchase as she was close to the theatre. When I got to her I was going to have her turn around and walk in the direction I was going which was towards the subway.

But I couldn't find my metrocard.

I had just filled it so it had plenty of funds on it. It wasn't in my pockets or my purse.

It was gone.

I was slightly disappointed.

I explained this to Charlye and she asked if I wanted to retrace my steps. I said I did even though I'm sure it was a lost cause. So we turned around.

As we were crossing the street, Charlye said, "is that it?" and pointed to the ground. There was a metro card. I didn't even see it. I figured if anywhere, it would be on the corner when I pulled my phone out of my pocket, thinking it got stuck on my phone for a second and then fell off somewhere on the sidewalk.

I bent down and picked it up thinking it was probably an old one that someone just threw out.

Nope, it was mine. I could tell.

By the time we got to the subway it was dried off from the rain and being in the wet road.

And all the funds were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment