Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Happy Birthday to...us!

A guy from the yellowpages called work today to update our information. He started with an automatic dialogue that he was obviously reading off the screen. He made sure our information was correct and that we understood that he was providing a free service blah blah blah blah blah. In the end, he needed my name and birth date to verify the account so I told him, Ashley, April 14. He paused for a moment and then said, "April 14?"

I responded, "yes."

"Really. I talk to thousands of people everyday and you are the first person that has had the same birthday as me. Some are a few days before or a few days after. But never has anyone had my same birthday. Did you know that the Titanic sank on the fourteenth of April and that Lincoln was shot on the fourteenth of April? People think that is so depressing."

I told him that I have a twin sister with the same birthday...

2 comments:

  1. I know a lot of people with that birthday. It's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little concerned that to verify a work account you needed to give your PERSONAL information. Sounds like a scam to me. Did you happen to give your credit card number at the same time? ;-)

    ReplyDelete