Friday, October 29, 2010

Bonding on the Subway

10/26/2010

I generally don’t think much about the car I get onto when riding the subway. Ya, there are strange people occasionally but you get use to it. This particular ride was no exception.

The car wasn’t packed with extra seats for anyone that came on. I got a seat in the middle of the car between two doors. Standing in the middle was a man who, at first seemed to be drunk. I’m not sure now but he did have a lot of things to say. Loudly.

I was tempted to record his ranting but it would have just been filled with bleeps as he used lots of words that Mormons don’t like to use. He was also using derogatory terms in regards to certain races (mainly against whites and how they destroy everything they touch). I just kept my head down but was entertained.

It turns out so was everyone else on the train. When he got off everyone looked around at each other and just started to laugh. Comments of “can you believe that?” and “wow, that was intense” were heard throughout the car.

It was a bonding moment for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment