Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My last saving grace...

10/12/2010

In a class of fifteen, it is aparrent when people don't speak. Especially when the class is filled with Second-Year Master students and PhD students. Well, today was one of those days where everyone was commenting and I couldn't get a word in. But, I was fine with it because everyone else was in the same spot. At least until the last hour. There were three of us who hadn't made a comment. The guy finally got a word in.

Thirty minutes later she raised her hand. No! We had an unspoken (literally) agreement that we wouldn't raise our hands to say anything!

Someone else started talking at the same time.

"Oh, sorry," he said when he realized he had cut her off. "Go ahead."

"No, please." She honorably conceded.

"Please."

She shook her head. "No, go ahead."

He jumped on the invitation.

I let out a huge sigh of relief. She came through for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment