Thursday, October 7, 2010

Never a dull moment...

Work never ceases to amaze me. Anything can happen from fighting with boxes, ongoing wars with the post office, having interesting conversations with my boss.... Today was no exception.

Since moving offices, my desk is by a large window that looks across an alley to another building (see below). You may think that doesn't sound so great but I can assure you that coming from an office with absolutely no windows, it is heaven.

I digress.

At one moment today, I took a quick glance out the window as I was contemplating some work stuff. In that brief moment I noticed something peculiar. I looked out the window again. Nothing. But I kept looking. And then I noticed it. Lights were rhythmically flashing. And then I heard the sirens.

K, so that is pretty much all that happened. Something about a false alarm. But, can you imagine how exciting just the flashing could have represented?

The adrenaline in those fifteen seconds was rushing through my veins.

No comments:

Post a Comment