Monday, January 11, 2010

Another battle lost

The boss was out sick today. That means we were on our own. It is nice most of the time. That is, until I have to do something in the office that I haven't ever done before. Like refilling the staples.

To give me credit, this is no ordinary stapler. It is a massive, industrial stapler that can staple dozens more pages together than a normal stapler. It's quite intimidating.

I played around with it. Nothing. I observed it to see if there was anything to click or buttons you had to push. Nothing. I googled instructions. Nothing. I even talked to it. Nothing.

The only thing left to do was to give in to my pride. I asked a coworker who, within seconds, had it open. I asked her what she did and she said, "I don't know. Just a lot of wiggling ensued."

After refilling the stapler, I tried to open it again. Nothing. I guess more wiggling will have to ensue next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment