Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bonding over Jersey Shore

My boss reluctantly admits that she watches Jersey Shore. Apparently her whole neighborhood watches it. Even her neighbor who is a Harvard grad.

The thing with it is that you can't help but be drawn into the absurdity of it all. I admit, I have watched some of it. Actually, I watched ten minutes with my mouth opened in shock at the absurdity and then I had to turn it off because I felt so useless. But, it does make for a great conversation at work.

My boss has officially asked all of us at work if we watch it. Now we talk about it all the time, even if we don't watch it. We look up the SNL skits on it, watch when Michael Cera gets his hair blown and learns how to dance "Guido" style... And today, we ordered Olive Garden to celebrate.

Nothing like fake Italian food and fake Italian people in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment