Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Yorkers at the Theater

"I can't believe you talked me into coming to this movie. I know I'll definitely need a glass of wine after."

The lady behind me kept going on. She was pretty negative about the film even though I was pretty excited to see it. It hadn't even started yet! The guys she came with, you could tell, didn't know what to tell her. Should they tell her to leave or should they keep encouraging her that it would be good? Granted, they didn't know. The one even commented that, for having a post in the New York Times, there wasn't a very large crowd.

I didn't care. I was excited.

It was great. The film was called "Mine" about pets who had to be left behind after Hurricane Katrina. Some were adopted out to families as nobody came forth claiming them. But some people did come forth but wouldn't be allowed to have their pets back. Great film for anyone with a pet.

The ladies excitement exceeded mine by the end. She cheered loudly when the end resulted in J.J. being returned to Jessie. She will now have a glass of wine in celebration.

Oh, New Yorkers. So dramatic at times...

4 comments:

  1. You are doing so well in the blog posting arena, dear! What is the deal?! A few posts in one week?! Impressive.
    Hope you are enjoying being back to the city and can hold out the winter...Spring is lovely...you just have to wait for a LONG winter to end.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classes started today. That ment that I had much more free time to post :D We will see how long it goes for...

    I am enjoying being back in the city. Thankfully the weather has been REALLY nice, almost spring-like. So I can't complain. But, when it is winter weather, it is winter weather...

    Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I should mention, your last post was January 3rd. I'm just saying that it has been awhile...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the blogging queen! Good heavens. I'm a fan. I am trying to post one tonight;)

    ReplyDelete