Sunday, January 24, 2010

Polygadate

1/23/2010

Last week Amber was at dinner with a friend. While she was waiting for him to arrive, a man from the table next to her recommended the "gray dog club". She tried it and thought it was good.

After talking briefly he found that she was new to the city. He asked for her number as she probably needed to meet people. He said he would take her to a museum.

I was "asked" to go along.

There really was only one awkward moment the whole afternoon. At the end of looking at the museum he asked if we wanted to go to a local bar and get a drink. I (I'm sure bright red) said, "whatever." I didn't know what else to say. It wasn't going to be my decision. So I walked away very quickly and looked at stuff in the bookshop.


The New Museum
I learned about this museum when I was a freshman. It was in a humanities class and we were learning about architecture.


The view from the top. It was an awesome view of downtown Manhattan.


Amber, Gregg, and I.


And another one, just in case.

2 comments:

  1. So...did Amber say yes to the three of you going to the bar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Anonymous, she didn't end up saying anything in the end. I don't think she heard the initial suggestion so I think he just dropped it. When we were leaving he basically said he had to leave 'cause he had to go and get ready for a benefit concert that night. I would think that going to a bar for a nightcap would have taken more time than I took in the bookstore. It was kinda awkward when we said goodbye...

    ReplyDelete