Thursday, January 21, 2010

Realizations

Classes have started again. I'm really looking forward to them. It will be a great semester. It will be a great learning experience.

I realized something after class tonight. I realized how much I have assimilated into this city. Things don't shock me anymore like they did when I first arrived here. Subway rides were always interesting where now the novelty and strangeness of the people have gone away.

Because of this I didn't really think much of my subway ride home after class. I got on the subway and there was someone with bright orange hair wearing tights that were obviously given to her by her grandmother, someone wearing a very extravagant yet tacky fur coat (it really isn't that cold outside) and someone asleep with an entire blanket on.

The blanket and coat were really too much and, Grandma, the tights didn't keep me nearly as warm as you promised. Oh, and the dye was suppose to be blonde...

No comments:

Post a Comment